New Blind Volunteer

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ShadowRain

Post by ShadowRain » February 22nd, 2019, 3:57 am

Hello everyone. As th etitle should read I'm new and blind. I love reading and I love the work you guys do here. I want to learn more about poetry to read it better since I have never got the rhythm or meter down.I hope I can be productive since just sitting around is nerve racking.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » February 22nd, 2019, 4:29 am

Hi there and welcome to LV!

We've had a number of blind volunteers over the years, and they filled pretty much every role there is to fill on LV: From the fan to cheer on the readers, to prooflistening, to recording, to coordinating books.
I _think_ we once even had a blind admin, but please don't quote me on that, it was before my time. :D

So, check out the forums to find out what you'd like to do. Every contribution is welcome and valuable.
Ask if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask we are a friendly bunch. :D

Mostly - I'm the resident witch here, but there must be an exception to every rule. :wink:
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » February 22nd, 2019, 1:07 pm

Yes indeed, Paul was a great admin, active several years ago now, and happened to be legally blind. There's a lot to being an admin, but personally I think you'll have a still bigger challenge working out poetry, ShadowRain. <grins> It's not really my strength, I admit.

Though, with such a lovely username, perhaps you're closer than you might think already. How did you choose it?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

ShadowRain

Post by ShadowRain » February 25th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Thank you @Ava and @Cori for the warm welcome.

I;m really looking forward to reading poetry, sadly my microphone didn't arrive til today so I missed last week's one. (It was a really good one.)

I got inspiration from Rainshadow Island from the Harmony series by Jayne Castle for my username. I liked the steampunk and mysterious nature of the island.