Hi! I'm Brian, and I think I'd like to record some books!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BSUD

Post by BSUD » February 3rd, 2019, 9:28 pm

I'm a registered thespian, but haven't acted much since high school. I loved reading aloud to my boys as they grew up, including the entire Harry Potter series. A blind friend of mine who I coach and guide in swimming sent me your link as he thought I'd be interested in the books, but I'm also considering doing some reading. I've already downloaded the recording software. I'll look around and see if there are any projects that spark my interest. Among the jobs I've considered when I retire from my main job is audio acting, so getting some volunteer experience could help with that.

Brian in Maryland USA

luckylace222

Post by luckylace222 » February 3rd, 2019, 9:45 pm

Welcome, Brian! I am new too. My name is Buu. I just love audiobooks, podcasts, radio dramas, etc. I think it is an art that is coming back and fun to do. Your retirement idea sounds great!

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » February 3rd, 2019, 10:01 pm

Welcome both of you. If you check your welcome email you'll find a pathway to a great first recording. We call the first step a 1 minute test - its only about 40 seconds - we round up :D. It is not an audition - we never audition, it's a sound check, we have format and volume requirements for our files.
So get started, ask questions if you need something expanded, and have fun

Anne