Introducing me!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BlueGreenHue

Post by BlueGreenHue » February 2nd, 2019, 4:43 pm

I’ve been on this site for a few days but alas I have not been able to make an introduction so here we go!
I was given the name of this site and found it wa spreetty cool, I’ve always loved books and reading. Audiobooks sometimes help me sleep at night (thought for some reason it depends on the type of voice the reader has :hmm: ). I have written a few works of my own but I have never had the courage to share them, I don’t plan to do that here however. My main goal is to help around, proofreading and listening to audiobooks along the way and maybe, once I have the chance, contributing to the auridonook collection myself via reading (I’m excited for that). I’ve always loved young adult novels as well as what I would consider classics such as Orwell and Shakespeare (I’m picky with my plays).
I have always been interested in a career in voice acting and this may be a step towards that!
I hope to learn from you all and earn my keep.
-BlueGreen

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 2nd, 2019, 6:07 pm

Welcome BlueGreen!

That's interesting, I have insomnia, maybe I should try listening to audiobooks! I get what you mean about the reader being important though, everybody likes different readers and have some that work well and some that don't. That's exciting that you want to help out. If you are more interested in prooflistening, that's awesome! We always need more people to prooflisten! I saw that you already got pointed to ways to start in that in a different thread, so I won't repeat that here. If you do decide you ever want to read though, make sure to submit your one minute test to make sure your tech settings are good. For now though I look forward to seeing you around the forum!
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

BlueGreenHue

Post by BlueGreenHue » February 3rd, 2019, 9:41 am

I appreciate your reply, and I look forward to joining the team!