Hello from California

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
racquelolea

Post by racquelolea » January 31st, 2019, 10:40 pm

Hello, just got the ok on my account activation and I’m excited to be a part of this community. I’m new to audiobook narration but I can’t think of a better way to spend my free time. There’s a ton to read on getting started but I think I’m ready to jump in and get my feet wet. I’m sure I’ll be turning to this community with questions, glad to know I can! Like most I love reading all kinds of fiction and memoirs as well as other non fiction and children’s books. I’ve been playing around with recording levels and getting used to the sound of my voice on my headphones. Loving it so far.

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 1st, 2019, 6:27 am

Hi! Welcome to LibriVox! I am also from California! Sounds like you just love to read in general. Me too! I think you'll find there's plenty of options here to read! And yes, feel free to ask questions. There are so many people here who are willing to help. It's awesome that you are already getting started. When you feel you have a good recording level (or you feel like you don't), the first step is to submit your one minute test recording. Then LibriVoxers will take a listen and tell you if your technical settings are correct. When you get the ok, you can jump in and record!
Campbell