Greetings from Florida's Space Coast!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
pylgrym

Post by pylgrym » January 31st, 2019, 10:30 am

As a 68-year-old disabled Vietnam and Desert Storm combat veteran who is a student at Eastern Florida State College, Brevard County, Florida working under the aegis of the Veterans Administration in the Chapter 31 program on my Associate of Science Certificate in Digital Media Production, I plan to continue a voice career begun on WNUR 89.3 FM, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL in 1969.

My last radio work was at AM 1420 WKWN, Trenton, GA in 2002: a morning drive and call-in show. I had the opportunity to record a few theological works on cassette while I did live, Sunday afternoon broadcasts; these cassettes were subsequently digitized and put up on SermonAudio.

I want to put my voice back to work as long as I am able. Librivox may be a viable outlet for my creative endeavors. Excellent studio facilities on the Cocoa campus of EFSC will greatly facilitate my work.

I have recently become enamored with Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881) and hope to get his "Lectures on Heroes" read, for starters.
" ... ye must be born again."

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » January 31st, 2019, 11:44 am

Wow! Sounds like you have a lot of experience! I think you'll find LibriVox is a pretty great place, not just because of the different ways you can volunteer, but because of all of the awesome people here. That sounds like a great project to work on! Once you make sure you get all of your tech settings correct for LibriVox (easiest way to do so is submit a 1 minute test), you'll be able to start recording things!
Campbell