Hello from snowy Chicago-land-ish

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
shieldmaiden7

Post by shieldmaiden7 » January 28th, 2019, 8:26 am

Hello - 30-year old gal in the Chicago-land-ish area. I discovered Librivox a few years ago as a way to absorb more literature, though I have less and less time to sit down with a book. I am hoping to volunteer and record now, to give myself a more concrete responsibility to read books, and to improve my speaking skills. I look forward to working on this great project with you all.

I will be recording my one minute test next week as I left my pop filter at someone else's house this weekend.

Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 » January 28th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Hello and welcome to LibrVox, shieldmaiden :) (that's a pretty epic username, I must say 8-) )
Interesting that you mention improving speaking skills as a motivation. I am wondering myself if reading aloud can do the trick :hmm:
Please read through your welcome email and you'll find there links to useful materials that will help you get started. most importantly the 1-minute test instruction. Once you've posted and recorded it, wait for feedback and as soon as the test is OKed, you're free to record.

Have fun :)
(from Poznań, Poland, where the snow has already melted)
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS