Newbie in Southern MD (SOMD)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CarrieLee

Post by CarrieLee »

I just joined, trying to figure all this stuff out! :D

Artist by trade and I have an "exhibition" of sorts coming up end of this month called Artists in Action, where I will be working on display with other artists so people get a chance to see what we do and how we do it. I feel like I should come up with some sort of "zoo sign" for myself... Here we have the elusive Carrie Lee. Born in the wilds of MS, her range has been up and down the East Coast (Navy wife) with sporadic showings country wide. She's best acclimated amongst fiber related goods but has been known to stray into the resin, origami papers and other realms of creativity.

Anyway, I was looking for audio books to possibly listen to while working, found Librivox and decided if I'm going to end up using the service I should try to find a way to give back. So here I am.

Carrie Lee
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello and welcome to LibriVox :)
A creative person like you will surely find something for herself here. Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, taking a role in a dramatic project, you name it.
First though, please read through the welcome email, find the link to the 1-minute test instruction, record it, post it in Listeners Wanted forum and wait for feedback. Once it's been OKed, you're free to record.
And if you'd like to help us by listening to works in progress, read the Guide for Proof-listeners (link is in the welcome email), and go to the listeners Wanted forum where you'll find the "Proof-listener" needed ads. Each contains a link to the respective project; just go there and post expressing your interest.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS