Hello, from Malka!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

I'm excited to discover LibriVox and the wonderful opportunity to volunteer. I am a Midwesterner by birth, but have lived and travelled throughout the U.S. and abroad. I am a huge Jane Austen fan, although I would need a lot of experience before tackling an audio recording of her novels.

I also enjoy knitting, writing, and riding my bike (when the roads aren't covered in ice and snow!). I recently earned a CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) through British Council in Bogota, D.C. and hope to gain experience through volunteer teaching.
“I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
--Jane Austen
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello Malka and welcome to LibriVox :)
Jane Austen is definitely popular with LibriVoxers. You'll work your way up to a full solo with time. :) I can you've posted your test. Good :thumbs:
Write if you have any questions.

Most importantly, have fun :)
Btw, I've done some English teaching too (I'm Polish).
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

Thanks! I'm already enjoying the experience and learning more than I expected. Happy reading!
“I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
--Jane Austen