Hello from Bryan in the Midwest

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

Hi everyone,

My name is obviously Bryan, I've been in academic publishing for about 8 years. I've always wanted to read audiobooks, and I thought that this and some inexpensive hardware was a good way to give it a shot and see if I'm any good as well as do some good for others. I'd be interested in helping out in even the most mundane of projects for LibriVox and would love whatever feedback folks are willing to give as long as it's even remotely constructive, since I'm looking to learn and get experience.

I'll be trying on Garage Band first but may switch to Audacity if I'm having too many problems in production.

Thanks and I look forward to working with you all!

Bryan
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy audiobook production, it is addictive though :D. Sometimes mundane projects are those that enable a student to gain higher qualifications, we've had emails from visually handicapped students who have used obscure books that way and that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

Anne
mgobirch

Post by mgobirch »

Thanks Anne!

I work for an academic publisher who publishes quite a bit of material released to the public in some way (CC licenses, Knowledge Unlatched, Project Muse, etc.) and I actually manage the process of providing accessible copies for students who might have a print disability, so this project seems pretty cool to me; the experience doesn't hurt either...

Best,
Bryan