Gree-Tings! From NJ

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Darbycrash

Post by Darbycrash »

Hiya Hiya Hiya, I'm Theresa aka darbycrash and I'm a book nerd. Totally. I want to start recording audiobooks professionally and so I'm here to get some book experience. I was an on-air DJ in college and professionally in the late 90s/early aughts so voicework isn't new to me. Recording at home on my computer is and making sure there's no noise from my furnace, appliances and mike bumps (sorry, mike) are all new.

I'm ready to record a 1 minute test. What text should I use? The link to the short works forum isn't working in the stickie post at the beginning of the thread.

Also I feel I should add that I'm going through my second childhood and reading books for children lately. I just downloaded Kidnapped! and I am planning on listening to it while I knit because knitting and reading is a skill I have yet to ( and doubtfully will ever) master.

Thanks for reading, cherrio, pip-pip and all that rot.
:D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi-ho!

There is a prescribed text for the one-minute test.
You should find a link in your welcome message to the Newbie Guide to Recording, and you'll find the info there -- link to the text and where to upload it.

We usually have several children's books on our current project list.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry