Hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Natsu

Post by Natsu »

Hi I just joined with you guys here! My name is Natsu (as in fairytale). A little about myself....

I'm 14, I live in Eugene Oregon. I LOVE reading!! I live with my two of my three siblings and my mom. I am really excited to have the opportunity to work with you all. I like reading aloud especially sci/fi and non-fiction, like Fablehaven and Percy Jackson.

Glad to be able to work with you,
Natsu
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hello, Natsu!

Welcome to LibriVox! We're so happy to have you. :clap: I'm Sarah and I'm 26 years old.

To get started, you need to record a one minute test. We do that to check our tech specs are correct. Once you get the PL Ok you can participate in the projects that you like.

3 things I share in my welcome message are:
1) Checker Program. It checks all the tech specs of the recording.
2) Replay Gain (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Measuring_Volume_within_Audacity). if you're using Audacity.
3) A wiki with all the Instructional Videos (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos) that you'll need. You find more information on the one-minute test like finding and uploading it.

We're a friendly community so feel free to ask questions. Someone is sure to help you. :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Welcome Natsu!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Natsu

Post by Natsu »

I am trying to post my one min test, it says to add a MV's name I don't know where the list of MCs is or who to do? :hmm:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Natsu wrote: January 11th, 2019, 10:26 am I am trying to post my one min test, it says to add a MV's name I don't know where the list of MCs is or who to do? :hmm:
You'll need to select tests - tests in the drop-down menu. Here's a tutorial for you: https://youtu.be/9oTSlFSoEeY
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Hi! I'm writing to offer my own greeting to you and to remind you that should you have any questions about LibriVox, feel free to ask. I'm available quite a lot and you may send me a pm or simply add to the Introductions thread.

I'm relatively new to LibriVox, but have settled in pretty well and am enjoying myself a lot! I like being able to contribute in my own humble way and you might like to do the same.

Anyway, I offer my welcome and my hope that you'll wish to become an active member. And maybe more important than that: you'll always enjoy listening to the great stories, poems, and other chapters that LibriVox offers.

Kevin