Hello from Austin, TX! Anyone in Austin want to meet?

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mdnahas

Post by mdnahas »

Hi!

I'm Mike. I got a Blue Yeti microphone for Xmas and am interested in getting my voice back in shape. In graduate school, I took a voice class and performed in 7 Shakespeare plays.

I was thinking of recording "The Three Musketeers", but then found LibriVox and found that it already had 3 copies in English! I'm now thinking of participating in the dramatic reading of "The Count of Monte Cristo".

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=56293&hilit=Count+of+Monte+Cristo

If you're in Austin and want to meet up, I'd love to. I want to learn how best to use my new mic and how to navigate LibriVox.

Mike
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Welcome Mike! :-)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Hi! I'm writing to offer my own greeting to you and to remind you that should you have any questions about LibriVox, feel free to ask. I'm available quite a lot and you may send me a pm or simply add to the Introductions thread.

I'm relatively new to LibriVox, but have settled in pretty well and am enjoying myself a lot! I like being able to contribute in my own humble way and you might like to do the same.

Anyway, I offer my welcome and my hope that you'll wish to become an active member. And maybe more important than that: you'll always enjoy listening to the great stories, poems, and other chapters that LibriVox offers.

Kevin