Hello from USA Connecticut

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jervintl

Post by jervintl »

Hello Librivox,

My name is Jervis. I am an elementary school teacher in New Haven, Connecticut. I heard about Librivox when I first graduated college and used it often to listen to audiobooks while riding the subway in NYC.

I am making a transition in my career and wanted to give voice overing a try. I thought I would love to start by bring the joy of books to people and I think volunteering for Librivox is a great start.

My forum user name is JervIntl which stands for Jervis International. I have been teaching now for 8 years and have taught for 3 years in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I want my voice to be heard internationally, so that is why the name is JervIntl.

I have completed my test recording and look forward to hearing from you about feedback and taking opportunities to read.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Welcome!

True, LibriVox is a great place to find out if recording audio is the right move.
This is truly an international community with volunteers from all over the world recording and working in the many aspects that make up LibriVox. We also have a lot of recordings in languages other than English. So, on LibriVox, youre voice will indeed be heard internationally!

I lived in New Heaven, but that was 40 years ago -- Yale Medical School, PA Program. After a lot of travel, I'm back in New England.

Hope to hear your voice soon.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Welcome Jervis! Nice to have another teacher in the mix.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)