Hello from Oregon

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ka7zrp

Post by ka7zrp » January 4th, 2019, 10:09 pm

My name is Ken Kiger from Keno Oregon. Long time reader and audiobook listener.
I was born and raised here and after mission, college, and 8 years working on blackhawk helicopters all over the world, I moved back here with my wife and four daughters. I read to them for many years and when we had another 12 years after the youngest I read to her too. Join the Air Force here. Worked for another 14 years there and am now retired. A few odd jobs like telephone tech support, four years teaching AF JROTC. Now I am full time retired.

I love scifi. My older daughters tell me the book they remember the most was "The hobbit ". Now I have been reading to my grandkids. I look forward to others and helping do these projects.

Ken

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » January 5th, 2019, 2:06 am

Welcome at LibriVox, Ken. :)

Unfortunately the Hobbit isn't PD yet, as far as I know, but there are plenty of PD texts, also in scifi.

silverquill

Post by silverquill » January 5th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Hey, welcome, Oregonian!

I was born in Medford, the closest hospital to Prospect where we lived.
But I really grew up in the Pendleton area before the family moved down near Coos Bay.
Since then, I've lived in quite a few states and several countries, including extended stays in Haiti and Korea, and a lot of time in New England where we are again, trying to be retired.

Also a Sci-Fi fan, and Tolkien, of course.
We do have one SF book currently looking for readers as well as a collection of SF short stories that you can contribute to. That is actually how I found out about LibriVox -- got a notice that some of the golden age stories were being recorded.

So, come on in and join us!

Glad to answer any questions you may have.

Larry (KE1HZ)