Introducing Myself

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bbmiller364

Post by bbmiller364 »

Hi everyone!

I am new here. I have joined as I would like to build a portfolio of voice work as I would like to see where this hobby/ interest could take me. I have done some voice work in my studies and extra curricular activities where teachers thought I was quite good so suggested I take it further. I have a passion for creative subjects and am currently studying film. Where would be best to start here?

Thanks!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome - I can't say often enough - start by reading your welcome email and doing the 1 minute test to get your setting right for us, then find some open project and volunteer for a chapter or 2 . It works, you'll then have more idea of where you want to go and you have readings that you will be happy about in the catalogue , but eager to try and improve the next ones

Anne
bbmiller364

Post by bbmiller364 »

Thanks for the reply Anne! Apologies if you felt you are repeating the point. I did notice the email stating that however I just wanted clarification on the best selection of books to start with after the 1 min test.

Thanks and have a good weekend!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello :) It all depends on what you like reading. All the projects in the "Readers Wanted" areas of the forum are fair game. Fiction, non-fiction, dramatic readings/plays. Just read the first post in the project thread you you want to contribute to, see what's available, and post your claim.

Happy LibriVoxing :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
bbmiller364

Post by bbmiller364 »

Hi Piotrek81! :D Thanks for the advice. I will look into those boards further. Have a great weekend!