Hello! I'm Evan!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
EvanDoesVO

Post by EvanDoesVO » January 3rd, 2019, 5:29 pm

Good evening (or morning, or whenever it is for you)!

My name is Evan and I love to read. I also happen to love talking. This is fantastic as I have all this recording equipment lying around, and well, I figured why not put it to use? :)

Seriously though, I'm fairly new to the world of audiobooks. As a younger lad I always chose to read books myself because I felt audiobooks were somehow "cheating" -- that is until I actually *tried* one. Well, that nonsense is over. I'm learning the ropes of voiceover acting and I feel like audiobooks would be right up my alley. I also try to read aloud to my children (whenever they'll sit still long enough to listen) as often as I can. (Sometimes it ends up with old dad sitting alone, reading aloud to himself. Oh well, at least I'm enjoying the story!)

Professional aspirations aside, I absolutely love the idea behind LibriVox and figured this would be a great place to work on my skills while also contributing to a great project. I'm ready to dive in and help out wherever I can. I'm going to pour over the introduction and training videos and soak up what information I can from the forums. Glad to be here!

Thanks!

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » January 4th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Welcome, Evan! Looks like you're ready to go, with an approved test. :) Have fun!