Hello everyone

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

I would like to thank everyone for accepting me into your family. I retired in 2013 from the auto industry, where I had a few different occupations. I started off working in my Dad's body shop in Pomona Ca, then I worked on jet engines for a Navy helicopter squadron in New Orleans, next was a Mechanic and Service Manager in Brookings Oregon, moved to Eagle Point Oregon and opened my own shop and gas station (back when gas was under 50 cents). Sold shop and started doing vinyl repair out of a 1962 VW pickup. Moved to Sacramento and sold cars for about 6 months, then bought a 1964 dodge van and did vinyl repair for about 8 years. Stoped vinyl repair and started refurbishing older cars to sell. Went to work for an independent shop as a Service Writer, owned a Fuddruckers Restaurant for a couple of years ( thats a whole other story) finally ending up as Shop Manager of an independent shop in Roseville Ca. I have 3 daughters, 9 grandkids and 1 great-grandkid. Married to a great lady for 51 years and like to listen to audio books.
Hope this wasn't too long.
Thanks
Greg Davis
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

I love your intro- not too long at all!

Are you interested in reading or doing something else here?
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

I initially wanted to read but I'm open to other things.
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Reading is so much fun....a bit addictive really!
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

"Other things" in our community include proof-listening (you can the find the link to the PL Guide in the welcome email; The projects in need of PL often advertise in the Listeners Wanted area, so have a look there), CD cover-making (there's a link to the dedicated thread in Other LV Activities area) and error-spoting (you download a random finished project and report possible problems in Error Reports area). You can also simply trawl websites like Project Gutenberg or Internet Archive and post suggestions of as-yet-unrecorded works that you find interesting.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS