A french fella

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
wiscowitzki

Post by wiscowitzki »

Hiya

I'm Jules, a student of drama at my city's conservatoire. I read books to myself for a hobby and I've recently taken to recording texts. Then I discovered this awesome forum!

I'm looking forward to contribute to the french language catalog and maybe even try my hand - my tongue? - in english.

Here is a link to my first test recording. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_wiscowitzki.mp3 I'm also posting it in the listeners wanted section
I have a USB mic, and I record on Audacity.

Thanks for reading!

Wiscowitzki
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello Jules and welcome to the LibriVox :)
Your username sounds Slavic. Any ancestry on that side perhaps?
Anyway, good job posting the test. Now just wait for the feedback.
Out French-speaking contingent will surely be happy to welcome you.
Post if you have any questions.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
wiscowitzki

Post by wiscowitzki »

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't know of any slavic ancestry of mine, the username actually comes from the latin phrase Vis comica, which roughly translates to "the might of comedy". I may have viking ancestors though, given that my family name means "Thor's grandson"

Good day!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Oh, OK :D The "tzki" part of your username looks like the way the "-cki" part of some Slavic surnames is rendered in non-Slavic countries. (e.g Nowitzki, Gretzky, etc).

Have a great experience here :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS