Introduction and Appreciation

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

Hi, I'm Robin, I live on Vashon Island in the Puget Sound. I've recently discovered that I love narrating audiobooks. I also spin and dye, wool and chiengora. My other passion is holding and participating in sacred plant medicine ceremonies.

I am absolutely loving everything involved with audiobooks. I'm happy to say that I'm making this my new career! It's slow going but Librivox provides a way to be proactive. I know it's going to pay off. It already is in that I'm loving reading for Librivox! It's lagniappe (like we say in New Orleans, where I grew up) that time spent on Librivox is giving me practice, experience and helping me grow as a voice actor.

I'm relatively new here and it's past time that I said that I absolutely love this community! People are kind and also real, this is a safe and encouraging place to hone some important storytelling skills. It's also nice to have a place to go regularly where I see so much respect and encouragement shown. Thank you all! I'm looking forward to dedicating most of my free time to this beautiful community :)

I welcome feedback, it's an important component to growth as a narrator. I sincerely appreciate any feedback, anytime. Thank you for being here!
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi Robin,

It's very nice to meet you. And you have a beautiful voice. :9:
I absolutely love this community! People are kind and also real, this is a safe and encouraging place to hone some important storytelling skills. It's also nice to have a place to go regularly where I see so much respect and encouragement shown.
I totally second that. :thumbs:

Well, I hope that I can work with you on a group project some day. :D
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome Robin. Image here is your welcome flower !
I grew up in New Orleans too and agree that this is a community of people that want to help and have fun. It looks like you are already recording so keep it up and ask if anything is confusing.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

Thank you both so much, you brightened up my day! I'm excited to be here. :D
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Treefairy wrote: December 25th, 2018, 9:55 am Thank you both so much, you brightened up my day! I'm excited to be here. :D
You're most welcome, Robin. And Merry Christmas.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Welcome! I am a spinner too! Did chiengora only once as a challenge project on Ravelry. My Rav name is the same as my Librivox name if you are on Ravelry and want to connect there.
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM