hello from Pennsylvania

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ksayfordwilson

Post by ksayfordwilson »

My name is Kim, I’m a "40-something" mom, online American English teacher, and graduate student. I also proofread (volunteer) for Distributed Proofreaders/Project Gutenberg (PGDP), which is how I “accidentally” learned of your beautiful project (a serendipitous find). I understand that LibriVox also needs listeners. I'll browse around and see what's involved -- I'm a bit of a "word nerd" and computer geek, so I am really happy to be here and looking forward to helping this lovely cause. :)
Volunteer Projects:
LibriVox • PGDP •
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hello Kim,

Welcome to LibriVox! :D We're so happy to have you.

So, you're going to start as a Proof Listener. Awesome. LibriVox is a friendly community. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Here are some links to get you started. I hope they are helpful to you.

Prooflistening Template and FAQ
Proof Listening Videos
Listeners & Editors Wanted

I wish all the best. And hopefully work with you someday. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
ksayfordwilson

Post by ksayfordwilson »

SaraHale wrote: December 11th, 2018, 10:39 am Hello Kim,

Welcome to LibriVox! :D We're so happy to have you.

So, you're going to start as a Proof Listener. Awesome. LibriVox is a friendly community. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Here are some links to get you started. I hope they are helpful to you.

Prooflistening Template and FAQ
Proof Listening Videos
Listeners & Editors Wanted

I wish all the best. And hopefully work with you someday. :9:

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, and for the links! Yes, the links are helpful.

"Proof Listener" -- sounds lovely! I just submitted my "Proof Reader" test, so I will take a look at the "Proof Listener" template to learn how that works.

Perhaps we shall work together some day, SaraHale -- thank you so much :thumbs: :)

kim
Volunteer Projects:
LibriVox • PGDP •
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

ksayfordwilson wrote: December 12th, 2018, 9:32 am Thank you so much for your warm welcome, and for the links! Yes, the links are helpful.

"Proof Listener" -- sounds lovely! I just submitted my "Proof Reader" test, so I will take a look at the "Proof Listener" template to learn how that works.

Perhaps we shall work together some day, SaraHale -- thank you so much :thumbs: :)

kim
You're most welcome. :9: I'm happy to be of help. I hope so, Kim. :thumbs:
ksayfordwilson

Post by ksayfordwilson »

Hello -- again

I disappeared for over a year .... just finished my grad program, though (YAY!!).

I just did a recording with Audacity for a literary journal using my PC, so I am awaiting feedback from them on any changes they want done. I was able to do it in one go, but it was a short piece, so a bit easier. I haven't been here in a long time, so I'll have to familiarize myself with things again. I'm happy that my account was still active :)

anyway, just saying hello ..... and thank you for not deleting me :D

Kim
Volunteer Projects:
LibriVox • PGDP •
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Welcome back, Kim.

Congratulations on finishing your grad program. :clap:

I hope you'll get a positive feedback on your recording.

If you need any help with getting started, let us know. :thumbs:
ksayfordwilson

Post by ksayfordwilson »

Thank you, SaraHale! Yes, I am relieved to be finished (except for student loans, yuck :shock:).

I just posted a "first test" this morning :) So whenever/however that goes (maybe a few tests needed?) -- when my work is "up to snuff", then I hope to start with small things, I guess. :thumbs:

~ Kim
Volunteer Projects:
LibriVox • PGDP •
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

ksayfordwilson wrote: May 5th, 2020, 7:31 am Thank you, SaraHale! Yes, I am relieved to be finished (except for student loans, yuck :shock:).

I just posted a "first test" this morning :) So whenever/however that goes (maybe a few tests needed?) -- when my work is "up to snuff", then I hope to start with small things, I guess. :thumbs:

~ Kim
You're welcome. I'm so sorry to hear about the loans. I hope you'll finish them in no time.

Awesome! I had a quick listen (please wait for an official OK from another volunteer) and you have a beautiful voice. So, if you ever need a DPL, please let me know. I'll be honored. :D
ksayfordwilson

Post by ksayfordwilson »

SaraHale, thank you!! I just got approved last night (with the advice of using a compressor sometimes also, well-noted), so I definitely appreciate your offer of being a DPL should I need one. I am sure I will! :thumbs:

I will start browsing for projects I think I might be appropriate for. :hmm:

~ Kim
Volunteer Projects:
LibriVox • PGDP •
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

ksayfordwilson wrote: May 7th, 2020, 11:00 am SaraHale, thank you!! I just got approved last night (with the advice of using a compressor sometimes also, well-noted), so I definitely appreciate your offer of being a DPL should I need one. I am sure I will! :thumbs:

I will start browsing for projects I think I might be appropriate for. :hmm:

~ Kim
You're welcome. That's great. I hope that I can work with you very soon.

I hope you'll find something that you'd like. :thumbs: