Hello from North Texas!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
alphareadsbooks

Post by alphareadsbooks »

I'm Alphareadsbooks (real name Clay Beauchamp), and I'm excited to be here! I've been reading out loud since my early teens to someone very dear to me who's had dyslexia since childhood paired with an incessant love of books, so a site like Librivox--along with its dedicated community--means the world to me. What you all have been doing here (and for free!) is nothing short of beautiful, and becoming a part of it is a blessing.
I'm 29 now and after about six years of not reading aloud I've recently come to find I've missed it dearly. I tend to read in a low, yet expressive, register and specialize in fiction works; there's something extremely fun, challenging, and even immersive about acting out each individual character, and nonfiction rarely provides this aspect of reading.
Aside from this account I have an ACX profile under my real name, though as of writing I've just begun that particular journey as well. I also intend to upload my Librivox recordings, among other things, to Youtube under the alphareadsbooks moniker.
It's very nice to meet all of you, and I'm glad to be a part of this team!
Last edited by alphareadsbooks on December 24th, 2018, 10:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Clay Beauchamp
"It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."
-Mark Twain
Twitter Youtube ACX
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome Clay. Sounds like you have a lot to give to LibriVox and to the world. Please jump in, read your welcome email, ask lots of questions, do your 1 minute test and have fun. :thumbs: :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
alphareadsbooks

Post by alphareadsbooks »

Done and done; questions I'm sure will be forthcoming. This community is one of the best I've seen in a forum from what I've observed. Thank you for the advice, Phil, and thank you all for just being awesome. :clap:
Clay Beauchamp
"It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."
-Mark Twain
Twitter Youtube ACX