Hello from Sydney Australia

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ambers

Post by ambers »

Hello, I have considered joining librivox for some time and have decided to give it a go.
I am 32yo women from Sydney Australia. I am an avid reader, although I am currently studying medical science and rarely have the opportunity to read outside my studies during semester. I listen to librivox when i am going to sleep, i find it helps me relax and tune out the world. I have several favorite readers and typically listen to shorter stories and fairy tales, typically a read only fantasy fiction and i think I would be good at reading for a variety of genres. I think i might struggle with correct pronunciation of some of the more unusual words ( usualy names or places), but I can look them up on google with pronunciation guides so I can hopefully get them correct or i will ask here if i get really stuck :)

Looking forward to being part of the team.
Amber Short
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome at LibriVox, Amber :)
ambers wrote: November 14th, 2018, 2:39 pm I think i might struggle with correct pronunciation of some of the more unusual words ( usualy names or places)
https://www.merriam-webster.com/ is always a good place to look English words up and most dictionaries have sound samples meanwhile, also there is https://forvo.com/word/galileo/#it and yes, you can ask in the pronunciation-help-thread :thumbs:

Have you already recorded your 1-minute-test? :)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

A fellow Sydneysider, yay!

Don’t worry about pronunciation. The super-helpful PLs (proof-listeners) are always available to help if you’re not sure about anything.

Perhaps, when you’re ready, consider dropping by the Dramatic Works forum and taking on a role in a play?

Cheers,
Chris (“Son of the Exiles”)
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox