Teacher giving back to the LibriVox community

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Auskalo

Post by Auskalo »

My name is Scott (username: Auskalo (Basque for "Who knows?", lit. "listen to this"), and I teach French, music, and ESL (English as a second language). I have used LibriVox for my French classes as well as for my individual ESL students. I have even used LibriVox personally for entertainment on road trips. I hope to contribute some of my energies to this community that provides such an important and admirable resource. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Scott, welcome to the forum. Do you speak Basque ? Interesting language, I find, so totally different from any other language here in Europe. Even though "auskalo" now sounds quite similar to "auscultare" in Latin, so there may be a common root at least for that word.

And cool that you use the French LV recordings for your classes. :9: I am reading some French poetry as well, so you maybe have played one of them to your students. (sorry, a bit of an accent, not a native speaker :lol: )

If you want to join the ranks of the readers, the best way to start is the one-minute-test which you can post here: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will come along and give you the ok or advice for improvement. This is to check mainly for technical settings.

Once the test is ok'ed, you can start in any project on offer here. Maybe I'll hear you in the French projects one day soon. :9: We are currently reading Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray in French translation as a group project.

Have fun !

Sonia