Introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BlueGrits

Post by BlueGrits »

After using Librivox for so long I finally thought to register -- and here I am.

I'm semi-retired and living in Austin, TX. Perhaps the most singular thing about me is the wild range of experiences I've had: picking pecans in the orchards for a penny a pound; working on the space shuttle onboard guidance system; being in four hurricanes; getting held at gun point (one an angry woman, another an armed robber); nearly dying from hospital negligence.

My Librivox downloads are mostly science fiction.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow, sounds like an eventful life. :shock: Welcome to the forum :) If sci-fi is your thing, maybe you want to contribute to the sci-fi collections here on offer, just have a look around the Short Works forum.

The best way to start is the one minute test though, to check your tech specs are up to LV standard. You can make a new thread here: viewforum.php?f=21 and post your uploaded link to the test. Someone will give you feedback and help if needed.

Once the test is ok'ed, you are ready to participate in your favourite sci-fi project :)

Have fun

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome bluegrits. What a great name!! I'm from Louisiana and eat grits every day (but not the blue kind). Anyway, welcome and ask if anything is unclear. Here is a video about our forums and jargon and stuff that may be helpful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxpcbnEjoQ&feature=youtu.be :thumbs: :thumbs:
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
mdnahas

Post by mdnahas »

Hi BlueGrits,

I'm also in Austin. Do you have any interest in meeting up? I'd like to learn how to use my new microphone and how to navigate LibriVox. My intro page is:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=73213

Mike