New here and excited to begin!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
PeterMusgrove

Post by PeterMusgrove »

Hi All,

My name is Peter Musgrove and for most of my life I've been a musician, but for all of my life, I've been reading. The year before I started school, neighbours (I'm an Aussie expat living in the U.S., hence the "u" in neighbours) would ask if I was excited to be starting school and I'd always answer, "Yes, I'm going to learn to read!".

I also love audio books, which is of course why I'm here. I love to read lovely writing and love the way that older books are written.

One of my life goals is to narrate audio books, but since I have a lot of audio engineering time under my belt and want to hear a range of narrators, I thought I'd start by first using my ears and do some proof listening. Stickler that I am, I'm up for DPL right off the bat. My ears and eyes are very keen and I feel very confident about being a DPL.

Only my mother called me "Peter" and usually only when I got into some kind of trouble as a kid - so please call me Pete :-)

Glad to be here, I think this is going to be a fun way to work for a great cause.

Best to all,
Pete
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
~ Charles Bukowski
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Hi Pete, welcome to the neighbourhood :D

Though there are many ways to be a volunteer at Librivox and proof listening is not the least of them, it would be a good idea to get the recording of your 1-Minute Test over and done with for when you want to leap in and read yourself (which will be soon I'd guess and, anyway, we need more Australian accents).

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Always ask if you'd like help and you could also check out Phil Chenevert's cool tutorials.

Best,

Barbara
PeterMusgrove

Post by PeterMusgrove »

Thank you Barbara, I am indeed about to leap in and happy to supply Aus accent.

I'll have my one minute test uploaded ASAP and if you need an Aus accent, just let me know - fiction, non-fiction... I'm up for anything!

Best,
Pete
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
~ Charles Bukowski