A friendly wave from Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
haveringhussar

Post by haveringhussar »

Good morning folks,

After enjoying titles from the Librivox catalogue for several years, and vacillating between wanting to record and being too scared to try, I've finally joined the forum.

I'm haveringhussar, and I hail from Sheffield in the UK. To those who don't know it, Sheffield is a hilly city in South Yorkshire, and is known mostly for it's steel, Sean Bean, the Arctic Monkeys and Henderson's Relish.

I've recently revisited John Greenman's reading of "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", and enjoyed it so much that I finally bought a microphone and got ready to dust off my vocal cords.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the Librivox catalogue, and hope that others might get similar levels of enjoyment out of my future recordings as I have from those of other readers here.

In sum, I'm happy to be here, and looking forward to contributing. So hello :D
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hello, Richard!

Welcome to LibriVox. :clap: We're happy to have you.

I see that you already know about the one-minute test. Do you know a programme called Checker? We use it to make sure that our technical features are good to go before we upload the file for proof listening.

I hope your microphone will arrive soon so you'll get started. I know you'll do an awesome job. I was scared at first. But LV is a wonderful community that you'll wish that you've started earlier.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs: