Hello!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Ephemerie

Post by Ephemerie »

Hi fellow Librivoxers!

I'm really excited to be here. Though I have no experience in audiobooks... I've been a consumer of librivox recordings for years. I hope to contribute to the library of offerings and experience all the different things that go into creating one of these audiobooks. Though an analyst by trade, I'm a poet, author, and photographer by passion.

Geronimo!
~E
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hello and welcome to the forum :)

don't worry about the lack of experience, most of our readers start out that way. Practice makes perfect as you well know and if there are any questions, never hesitate to ask, someone will come around with an answer at one point.

The best thing to do first is a one-minute-test and post it here in a new thread: viewforum.php?f=21
This is to ensure that all your technical settings are correct. We need Mono recordings, bitrate 128 kbps, volume between 86 and 92 dB. You surely have it all noted in your welcome mail, if I'm not mistaken.

Someone will give you feedback on the test and advice if needed and once your test got the official OK from another LibriVox member, you can participate in any project on offer. You'll be spoilt for choice :mrgreen:

Have fun on here

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.