Hi

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Phillum

Post by Phillum »

I’ve just signed up. Used to read for Learning Ally (was Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic). Interested in doing poetry, plays, literature, myth, fairy tales, anthropology, history. I’m planning on downloading software later and buying a mic this week.
bonnie1345

Post by bonnie1345 »

I just signed up today. I like to sing on singsnap so I have a certain amount of sound knowledge and have vocal mics although packed away in a box in the garage. Recently I bought a Logitech mic thinking it would be helpful for recording or talking online. So far it hums and i'm not sure the sound is good. I'm thinking I should just try the internal mic of my computer. If anyone here has the same headset as I have, I would appreciate help. I have on my e-reader a out of copyright book I thought I'd test, I have audacity which I have used in the past for vocal singing recordings, but I am very disappointed in the sound from my headset. Probably I've rattled on too long. :)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome at LibriVox, the both of you :)
Phillum wrote: October 8th, 2018, 9:19 am Interested in doing poetry, plays, literature, myth, fairy tales, anthropology, history.
We have all of it still to read, so you won't be bored ;)
bonnie1345 wrote: October 9th, 2018, 11:40 am I like to sing on singsnap so I have a certain amount of sound knowledge and have vocal mics although packed away in a box in the garage.
Do I have to understand why you want to record with a Logitech if you have reasonable microphones? I's just get them out of the box again 8-)
bonnie1345

Post by bonnie1345 »

moniaqua wrote: October 9th, 2018, 12:31 pm Welcome at LibriVox, the both of you :)
Phillum wrote: October 8th, 2018, 9:19 am Interested in doing poetry, plays, literature, myth, fairy tales, anthropology, history.
We have all of it still to read, so you won't be bored ;)
bonnie1345 wrote: October 9th, 2018, 11:40 am I like to sing on singsnap so I have a certain amount of sound knowledge and have vocal mics although packed away in a box in the garage.
Do I have to understand why you want to record with a Logitech if you have reasonable microphones? I's just get them out of the box again 8-)
Long story but the box isn't accessible.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

bonnie1345 wrote: October 9th, 2018, 9:02 pm the box isn't accessible
Bad luck :(