first recording

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bookperson12

Post by bookperson12 »

Hi,
My name is Naomi and I am 12 years old. I have always loved listening to a variety of things on LibriVox, and have wanted to try my hand at recording for a while. I have always LOVED reading, and if possible would like to start with a solo project. I was wondering if I can only record books on the "readers wanted" forum.
Thank you
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, Naomi!

We HIGHLY recommend first recording a couple things in Readers Wanted group projects. It is a good way to learn how the process works around here, and how much work it is to record and edit recordings. (Recording audiobooks sounds easy, but there's all that pesky editing to do - removing stumbles and repeats, re-recording spots you're not happy with, cleaning up any background noise, etc.) We've found that most people who jump straight into a solo usually quit without finishing it.

So yes, please do the 1-minute test to get your settings all correct, then a bit of work in a group project to get a good feel for things. After that you're welcome to take on a solo project. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
bookperson12

Post by bookperson12 »

Okay, thank you! So I can record anything for my 1-minute test? I am having some trouble finding my way around on here, so I might have a lot of questions:)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You can record what you want, but there is a suggested script in the 1-minute test instructions. It's here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Follow along with those instructions, and you should be on your way. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
bookperson12

Post by bookperson12 »

Thanks! :)