Hello there

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
sbilogic

Post by sbilogic »

Hi
My name is Sahil and I'm 18. I discovered Librivox some time ago on reddit and have been listening to some stuff. I had a microphone I bought which I never put to a proper use so thought I'd get it to some use. Might as well get practiced this way. This is also some thing that's way out of my comfort zone so it will be interesting to see if I can finish recording at least one chapter. I do have an accent which is pretty hard to get rid of but I will try my best to suppress it. I do vfx and motion designing so maybe I can help in promotional material in future too.
Anyway, that's everything about me. Looking forward to contribute to Librivox!
Thank you
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome at LibriVox, Sahil :D
sbilogic wrote: September 25th, 2018, 5:42 am I do have an accent which is pretty hard to get rid of but I will try my best to suppress it.
Why? I did a quick listen to your test and find your accent charming; I can understand you very well.

Out of my experience the ones who whine about not understanding a stranger are the native speakers who never learned another language, so it might have something to do with fear ;) Thanks goddess there are many native speakers, too, who actually appreciate an accent.