Time To Meet You By This Forum Message!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MasonDivVox

Post by MasonDivVox »

Hello to all of you at LibriVox. My name is T.William Duggan, also known as MasonDivVox. I am nearing my 68th birthday and have a checkerboard background as regards recording things. I have been doing so for the last 56 years, and have been getting better and better at it. I have a very adequate home studio and have been making great strides in recording technique. I have produced more than 275 productions of various topics, and my goal is to learn how to make good quality audiobooks. With your help and advice I hope to get better. I would like to hear more about you and what you are interested in as afellow audiobook producer. I am available most days and some nights, so please - I would like to hear from YOU! T.William Duggan (MasonDivVox)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello William, and a warm welcome to our forum :D and wow your life has been busy. 275 productions :shock: ok you are probably more than ready for our recordings.

The best thing to start is with a one-minute-test though. We have quite specific technical settings here, as pointed out in your welcome mail, so we want to check if every new reader has got them right from the start.

You can post the test here: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will come along and check it. With your background in recording I'm sure this is only a formality. :)

After the ok on the test, feel free to jump into any project on offer here. And if you have questions, always ask, someone is bound to know an answer :mrgreen:
I would like to hear more about you and what you are interested in as afellow audiobook producer.
well everyone on here will have different tastes, and you're bound to meet the same crowd in similar projects. I for one am very much into poetry and drama. Long novel or non-fiction chapters are not so much my thing. If you have a thespian longing, chances are high you may meet me as prooflistener in one of our dramas on offer. :)

Have a nice weekend

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.