Hello from Köln, Germany

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
KlausBeu

Post by KlausBeu »

Hi!

I'm Klaus, I listen to librivox a lot, and I thought it's about time I contributed.

I teach German and English, and sometimes I create audio material for language learners. You can check out DaZPod, a podcast for learners of German (DAZ actually stands for Deutsch Als Zweitsprache or German as a second language. See http://dazpod.de).

I'd like to get down to recording audio books, especially in German, since the language is gravely under-represented on librivox. Mainly prose that is.

I'm looking forward to talking you everyone!
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

KlausBeu wrote: September 11th, 2018, 7:14 am Hi!

I'm Klaus, I listen to librivox a lot, and I thought it's about time I contributed.

I teach German and English, and sometimes I create audio material for language learners. You can check out DaZPod, a podcast for learners of German (DAZ actually stands for Deutsch Als Zweitsprache or German as a second language. See http://dazpod.de).

I'd like to get down to recording audio books, especially in German, since the language is gravely under-represented on librivox. Mainly prose that is.

I'm looking forward to talking you everyone!
Hello Klaus. I see that you have posted your one-minute test and you certainly are accustomed to audio recording but, if you need any advice, people here love helping out.

I have tried some German language Librivox recordings - some of the readers have very attractive voices - but I have to concentrate too hard. The bit of a DaZPod I just listened to encourages me to use them to improve and speed up my comprehension.

Best,

Barbara

I liked the bit of Bach at the beginning too.
KlausBeu

Post by KlausBeu »

Hi Barbara, thanks for your kind welcome.

I'm glad that you looked at DaZPod. That's exactly why it's out there: You can understand it even if you don't quite have access to "authentic" German yet. You can use it and pass it on freely, it's all on a CC licence.

Obviously we wrote all the DaZPod text ourselves. It's less work if the story's already there. I'd very much like to find interesting text in comparatively easy language to create more comprehensible audio material for learners. Most people have no idea how important this stuff is for language acquisition.

Oh, the Badinerie was a very deliberate choice. You need music for a podcast: In our case something classic, something German, yet lively and royalty free...