Hello there!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SherryGreen

Post by SherryGreen »

Hi all!

My name is Sherry and I'm obviously new here since I'm posting in this section of the forum! I'm from Michigan and like most of you, I love reading and audiobooks got me through my last mindless office job. I've recently taken more of an interest in how the process works and thought this would be a great way to learn firsthand. I have a little experience editing sound files (I took a sound class in college that was tailored to my theatre degree) but not much recording experience. And it's been a little while since I've worked with an editing program. But I'm really excited (because why would I do this if I weren't?) and nervous (because I'm not sure how I feel about the sound of my voice recorded) about being able to contribute! Really looking forward to receiving feedback on my 1 minute test and then digging through all of the threads to find a project to jump into.

Looking forward to collaborating with you all! :mrgreen:
Sherry
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Wow Sherri, you are ready to go! That is great. I predict that you will do great things here in LibriVox, especially with your background in theater. Once your 1 minute test is given the OK, do jump in, there are lots of neat things to record. We recommend something short to start with, like the weekly poetry, because you will be learning editing and stuf like that. Enjoy, have fun and ask lots of questions, we are a friendly bunch here. here is your welcome flower Image
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
SherryGreen

Post by SherryGreen »

Thanks Phil!
Sherry