Excited to be here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
misspag

Post by misspag »

Hi all,

I'm really excited to be here and to learn from everyone that is involved in these projects. I have just started taking voice acting lessons and I thought this would be a good way to practice reading and learning how to use my instrument. I love audio books and listen to them all of the time. This is my way of giving back and hopefully helping someone else to enjoy listening to audio books.

I have a lot to learn and I am open to getting feedback from the other members. I have uploaded my test audio for you to listen to and give feedback on. Here is the link. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_misspag.mp3 I am looking forward to hearing from you.

One other question that my voice instructor has asked us to ask, how old do you think my voice is? This information will help me to know what age group I should try to target when I am reading for a character.

Thanks,

misspag
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Welcome, we are glad to have you here! I hope you'll have lots of fun here, and perhaps a good place to practice what you learn in your voice lessons. I listened to your test -- I'm not very good at estimating age, neither by how people look or how their voice sounds, so I hear a female, adult, sunny voice. :9: Please feel free to ask questions if anything is confusing, there are lots of helpful and friendly people here!
Kathrine
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome misspag! here is your wlcome flower Image

I listened to your test and can give you the OK to record, all your tech specs are fine. Your volume is a tiny bit high at 92.6 dB so I'd recommend turning the gain down a bit or moving another inch away from the mic. If you posted this in the Listeners wanted forum I will try to find it an mark it OK. You will be a big success here!!

Guess your age? hmmm. 26, USA midwestern and definitely sunny!!! Lots of perkiness there for people to enjoy. However, please don't let that limit you in any way in your choice of things to record. Just tell the story and people love it whether you are reading a 9 year old boy, 92 year old woman, or evil witch casting a spell. My eperience of listening to hundreds of audiobooks is just that, the narrator is telling a story and that is the importnt thing. I personally have recorded Pollyanna; me a 77 year old southern guy. And I love to read plays and do all (I mean ALL) the parts. Just my 2 cents and I am not a voice teacher so take it for what it is. Welcome agian andhave fun. :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
misspag

Post by misspag »

Hi,

I'm so sorry, I didn't get this message before now. I thought I had to record everything again so I put it off until I had more time. I managed to get it done today. Then I saw that I had been approved already! Yay! I will start looking for some parts to read. I hope to work with you sometime in the future.

Misspag