Salutation

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ma0c

Post by ma0c »

Hello Everyone

My name is Mauricio Collazos, a postgraduate student at Universidad del Valle in Cali, Colombia, I'm doing research with Automatic Speech Recognition in Spanish and making a thesis with forced aligners. A couple years ago I was needing a speech database in Spanish to train some algorithms, and created Open Speech Corpus a simple android application to collect speech data.

Now I found Librivox when researching corpora in English Language in a project called LibriSpeech and want to do the same for Spanish, first contributing with my recordings an also with my research partners at Universidad del Valle.

Hope to collaborate a lot in here.

Greets from Colombia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hello Mauricio and welcome to our forum :)

I must admit, I'm not really sure what automatic speech recognition is, but if it brought you to LibriVox, it was a nice side-effect :lol:

So this means you are planning on helping out in our Spanish projects ? The best thing to start with is doing a one-minute-test to check the technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can post the test here in a new thread: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will give feedback on it.

After you got the OK you can go ahead and claim in any project that's on offer. Currently we have two Spanish projects and one multilingual collection, which you can all find here: viewforum.php?f=60

see you around

Sonia