Warm greetings to everyone reading this

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

My name is Amit Sharma and I live in the central Indian city of Bhopal, which is also the capital of my state, Madhya Pradesh.

The main reason I am volunteering here is that I love walking and every day during those walks I have listened to so many painstakingly rendered audio-books over the years that its high time I gave something back to the community. I also want to be a part, however small, of enriching the lives of the listening few with so much cultural richness and entertainment the English language has to offer to anyone interested.

There are so many classics in the public domain that an avid listener can easily entertain and enlighten herself by some of the greatest minds that have ever lived, totally free in this case. I love that.

And if I can be an active participant in spreading this level of literacy, great.
Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

HI Amit, welcome to LV!

I'm glad that you like our recordings and that you want to give something back! I bet most of our other readers came to LV exactly the same way!

As I see, you have already submitted your test - you're well on track already. :wink: Have fun on here!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Thanks for the warm welcome Ava, I'm happy to be here.

Hopefully Librivox will continue to grow and positively influence more people to deeper explore their horizons.

Take care,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."