Hi everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Lauraslast

Post by Lauraslast »

I am new here and am trying to familiarize myself with all the technical aspects of this exciting venture! Looking forward to getting started.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Laura, welcome to the forum. :)

Yes it can be a bit daunting at first glance, so many threads on offer, you probably don't know where to start. Well, the best thing is to record, upload and post a one-minute-test, to check that all your technical settings are up to LV standards. Open a new thread and post it here: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will come along and give you feedback.

Once the test is ok'ed, the whole forum is open for you to participate in any project you like. There are subforums for each taste, so here is what you will find where:

1) if you like poems, you'll find them here: viewforum.php?f=19 They are probably best to start out with, as a short poem is quickly done and you'll get feedback faster usually. In this forum are also short stories and the like.

2) longer chapters, novels, books of any kind are found here: viewforum.php?f=2

3) if the thespian in you is waiting to be released, check out the drama forum, there you can act out as you please: viewforum.php?f=27 Chances are high you will find me there :mrgreen:

4) if you want to record in any language OTHER than English, here are some multilingual projects: viewforum.php?f=60

5) if you want to be creative with graphics, you can help out creating small covers for our finished ebooks :9: they make our archive so colourful: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785

6) if you want to help out with prooflistening sections other readers have uploaded, check out the projects that have a tilde ~ in front of the title. That means they are in need of a prooflistener.

So, I think this is basically it. Just check them all out as you please and I'm sure there will be some project you want to participate in :)

Good luck with your test and have a nice weekend !

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

That was a very nice summary, Sonia. Good job!