Hello out there!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

Hi, this is Matt Benzing, librarian at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. I've wanted to do this for years and finally took the plunge. I will be uploading my first test soon.
amprobst

Post by amprobst »

Congrats on taking the plunge! I'm just starting out, too, so I'm sure right there with you on the nervous/excited scale :lol:
"Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum" -Nietzsche
[but add to that "Musik" list: books, art, theatre, film, DnD...]
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Matt, I listened to your latest test. All specs check out fine and your sound is clear. You could bump up your volume a bit on future recordings, either increase Gain on your mike or volume in your recording software. In Audacity, Amplify +2 would bring this file to LV median 89.

Okay, so while you're waiting around for your OK, feel free to look for something to read. And if you like poetry, head on over to my project and make your first recording WITH ME! Tee hee. I would love that. No pressure. We all just have fun, and you could be in our catalog and a published reader by Sunday! Everything you need to know to participate is found by carefully reading the First Post -- same is true of all our projects.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=71196&sid=f00fd583d10016ff096017646fdee752