Hi!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

Hello! I'm Zarina, an artist from Los Angeles, CA. I have loved reading aloud since I was very young, and over the years numerous people have suggested that I do voiceovers or record books on tape - so here I am at last! 😁 I look forward to diving into the material and getting to know my fellow Librivoxians! 😃📖💕
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi Zarina. I see you've got your 1 minute test approved and are busy on your first recording. You are indeed diving right in. Bravo. And you are right: the forums are complex -- lots to digest. I'm not sure if anyone has read it all or keeps up with it all, maybe a few. Nevertheless, I find it a constant miracle that 6000+ volunteers from all over the world, who don't know each other at all, sharing only a common love of literature and reading aloud, can all be brought together by a simple mission, kept on task by a few simple rules coupled with our wonderful book-stitching program for getting projects organized, recorded and uploaded to Internet Archive, where they are stored for free, and available to all for free. This was not possible before the internet and personal computers. We are living in a new age, and it is very exciting to be part of it. I hope you will love it too.