I’m new and terrified, but kind of excited!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
kaydawidow

Post by kaydawidow »

:mrgreen: Hey, everyone! I’m Katie and I’m here as part of my American Poetry class from AMU/APU. Scrolling through the posts, I can see that I’m not the only one who’s come here from that! I’m supposed to do a project to get creative with poetry and recording for Librivox was a suggested idea that sounded really cool and enough outside of my comfort zone to be a bit of an adventure! That said, I’m more of a listener and poetry—which I’m going to record—is not something that comes naturally to me, so I’m slightly terrified.

But I’m happy to be here and as long as I’m not absolutely awful (setting the bar really high here...), I’m going to be happy with the result and will have new experiences!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

Yeah, poetry can be daunting. I find prose a lot easier to do, but that's just me. A lot of folks around here are big into poetry. :)

Do your 1-minute test, and then hop in!

The Weekly and Fortnightly poetry projects are great places to start, so I'll suggest that. That's where people record their own version of the poem, so different interpretations are great there. After getting the worst of the butterflies out of your stomach, you can branch out as you see fit. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Welcome, Katie!

You're on the right track. If you do have some kind of anxiety or fear of failing, the only way to overcome it is to succeed. And I can tell you that without trying there is no succeeding. So, what are you waiting for? Where is your 1-minute test already? :wink:
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please