Hi, I'm Anna :)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
LadyAmalthea

Post by LadyAmalthea »

Hi everyone,

I read about LibriVox on my podcast app and got very excited. I am an absolute sucker for podcasts and audiobooks, so trying to actively contribute to the cause just seems like the most logical next step :)

I have some experience using my voice for recordings: I used to host a children's show at a local radio station, and currently I am contributing my voice to many training and marketing videos at the company I work for. So I am relatively comfortable reading off a script. However, I have never tried myself at "dramatic" reading, so that will certainly be interesting :) As for equipment, I have a high quality recording headset and some experience with Audacity, so hopefully I will land on my feet.

There is a lot of information on LibriVox, so I am trying to find my way through the jungle and will always be grateful for advice and hints on great projects that I could contribute to!

Cheers,
Anna
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I like your choice of forum name. :)

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in around here. Dramatic stuff is really fun, if you'd like to try it out. :wink:

There certainly is a bit of a learning curve to get started. It sounds like you're a little bit ahead of the game already, though. If you run into any snags, just ask. We're a friendly bunch, and you can always find someone willing to help.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Anna. You sound highly qualified already, but still you should submit your 1 minute test per the instructions in your Welcome Letter, to be sure you have your tech specs set to LV requirements. Then, if you want to contribute a short story, go to the currently Readers Wanted forum, Short Works, look for an ongoing Short Story Collection, read instructions in the First Post (as you must do with ALL OUR PROJECTS), which tells you what to say for the Intro, Outro, what to name your file, which Admin's folder to upload it to, how to post notice that you've uploaded it. For a chapter book, you must claim a section before you record it (and these are listed in the MW (Magic Window), but with stories, you just record, upload and post notice. Then you wait for someone to Proof Listen and tell you if any changes are required. Hope to see you around the LV playground.