Hello! Equipped and ready to work!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
davidsvoice

Post by davidsvoice »

Hi everyone
The name's David (of course).
My long term goal is to do voice acting for TV, films and videogames, but for now I'm interested in refining my voice through readings.
I have a blue yeti mic and production software to assist in this.

My normal speaking voice is baritone and British RP, but I can do a range of pitches and accents especially reflecting different social classes and groups.

I'll be looking for projects but if you have need of my range or want to test my ability for a particular role, please get in touch!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome to Librivox :D
Once you've got your sound check (1 minute test) OKed . you can browse through the readers wanted forums and find something that interests you and claim a section or two , We don't really match accents and sexes , we find that people reading something they enjoy produce the best results. If you get to be proffessional you no longer have that luxury but here you can reading anything in any accent and voice so long as it's PD in the USA and your reading is understandable

Anne
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

If you are interested in acting, once your 1 min test is done, maybe have a look over at the Dramatic Works forum? There's plenty to choose from over there with a range of characters to suit a range of voices! The Doctor Dolittle project needs a few more voices, and that is set nominally in England, so maybe start with a small role in that? Purple link in my signature file will take you there!
davidsvoice

Post by davidsvoice »

Thanks all for the replies and advice!