Hi all - a "newb" from Sweden just arrived.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Gio1

Post by Gio1 »

Hello all,

My name is Sergio - born in Denmark now living in Sweden. I will go through all links provided.

Conversationally I would sound american - however in school I was taught british english - I can juggle both albeit the british english would take me a little longer.

Other languages includes danish and swedish.

For those of you who wants a sample of my voice can go to youtube.com/giogorg. It was my first not-for-profit project that involved my voice. And yes that is the lioness Sirga.

Well, will make sure to mark my progress as I will need help and guidance along the way.

Thanks your time:))

Kind Regards
Sergio
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, Sergio! 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Sergio, it sounds like you are interesting in recording. First thing is to submit your 1 minute test and do say what recording equipment you are using. Someone will come along and listen, and advise if necessary. Then cruise around the LV playground and find things you want to read. We recommend you start with something short, to get the hang of the process. The poetry weeklies and fortnightlies, children's stories, and short stories, are a great place to start. Do keep in mind we're all volunteers from around the world, so it can take a few days to receive a response to your postings. Then you'll be on your way! Welcome aboard.
Gio1

Post by Gio1 »

Sorry for the response delay :)

I have just purchased a new MIC. So I will delve into the 1-minute test once I have this MIC under control.

Currently I have the sound of my laptop fan interfering with my recordings - but I have made adjustments to accommodate eventual work-arounds.

Being used to ADS - I also need to temper my voice - as I'm reading a story - not selling used cars :) I'm getting there :)