Greetings and Salutations!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TreyHouck

Post by TreyHouck » July 18th, 2018, 2:27 am

Hey everyone, I'm Trey Houck and I look forward to working with you all!

A bit about myself: I'm a high school graduate planning on going to college this fall, but I'm also pursuing my dreams of acting (in particular-voice acting) for a living. I grew up on animated characters and video games heroes, and so I hope by getting some experience through Librivox I can become a better voice actor!

See you around! :thumbs:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 18th, 2018, 5:48 am

Hi Trey, welcome to the forum fun :mrgreen:

I see you already passed your one-minute-test :thumbs: so you're free to roam around and participate in any project you like. If you are an aspiring voice actor, you may consider the drama forum. There you can "act out" as much as you like. Chances are high you will get me as DPL (prooflistener) to one of your roles, as I am quite active there myself. :lol: Just check out the plays on offer and look at the Magic Window in the first post which roles are still open to be claimed.

I'll see you around ! Have fun :)

Sonia

msfry

Post by msfry » July 19th, 2018, 9:08 pm

And do stop by the Poetry Weekly and Fortnightly poetry readings always going on (find them in the Readers Wanted Short Works forums). These are short, easy ways to practice the Librovox protocol of following the First Post, recording, editing, naming and uploading your files to the proper folder, having them proof listened and PL OK'd-- not to mention they are loads of fun to participate in if you like to interpret lines. There is very little pressure to "do it right", you just do it and have fun, and you meet a lot of seasoned LV'ers on the way. Here's what's going on right now (they roll over on Sundays).

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70993

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=71031
Michele Fry, CC
"The joy of a mind made up is a potent cordial." ~ Henry Van Dyke
Looking for contributions to these themes:
Love Stories #3
Dreams Collection #2
Coffee Break Collection #28 - HOBBIES