Hello!! Test...Test

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
snowsurfer760

Post by snowsurfer760 »

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Phil and I was inspired to volunteer because of one of the books that I have listened to, My First Summer in The Sierras by John Muir, read by Adrian Praetzellis. It was read in such a manner I felt as though John Muir himself was reading the story. After finishing that book, I knew that it would only be a matter of time for me to make a contribution to this awesome service. With no further delay I have copied and pasted the link to my one minute test below thank all volunteers for making Librivox a success.
Best, Phillip Nelson (snowsurfer760) :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_snowsurfer760.mp3
DaleInTexas

Post by DaleInTexas »

Welcome aboard Phillip,
You need to post your link in the Listeners and Editors Wanted (lower on the home Forum page) thread, to get it proof listened and approved.

Here is a direct link to the thread: viewforum.php?f=21
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi Phil. Yes I listened to that John Muir book too early on, and was hooked. I listened to your test file, your tech specs are OK and you sound good. However, only someone on the Admin team can mark it OK, and where they look for things to OK is in the Listeners Wanted forum (see link in post above).

TIP: How to get to the forums? From any forum page you either: Click on the big LV in the page title above, or the Board Index in the sub-menu. So do submit your file link there.

While you wait for the OK, which could take a few days as we are all volunteers with real lives and most with real jobs, you should poke through all the forums, notice all the topic threads in each one, and poke around in some of them. Also, check out the Readers Wanted forums to find out projects in progress with chapters, poems, or dramatic parts that need a reader. On each project, the First Post tells you how to participate. The Magic Window (MW) lists all the chapters and tells if they are OPEN (need a reader), ASSIGNED (already spoken for), or in some degree of readiness (Ready for PL, See PL Notes, Ready for Spot PL, and PL OK). Every file submitted is listened to by a Proof Listener (another volunteer) who checks for glaring errors in recording and tech spec violations. The Book Coordinator (BC) is the person who puts the project together, the Meta Coordinator (MC) is an Admin Team member who knows how to catalogue the book when it is fully recorded, and helps solve background tech issues as they arise, and then there is the Reader who has to learn to lay down track and edit it, then learn the ropes of how/where to submit their recordings. When you think that we are volunteers from around the world who don't even know each other, this book stitching program is really quite amazing. It takes awhile to learn the ropes, but not too long.

Glad to have you on board and hope you will enjoy your stay with us.