Howdy!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rritter78

Post by rritter78 »

I'm Roger Ritter, a computer programmer, pilot, photographer and naturist who lives in central Texas. I've been listening to Librivox audiobooks for years now, and finally have the time that I can give something back in thanks for the hours of good books I've been able to hear. While trying to record my one-minute sample I discovered that the headset I was planning to use no longer works, so for the moment I'll have to start by being a prooflistener until I can get a working microphone.

I'm happy to join the crew here, and I hope to be able to make myself useful.
DaleInTexas

Post by DaleInTexas »

Howdy back at ya' Roger, from a fellow Texan. Welcome aboard.
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Roger. Ah, central Texas. My husband is from Houston (we now live in Louisiana), and one of our favorite contemporary authors is Susan Whittig Albert, who writes murder/spy/herbalist mysteries based in mid-western Texas. We run the Texas back roads with her, so to speak!
Proof listeners are always needed and let me share that there are two types. The DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) who takes on the listening of a whole project, and the lesser known PL'er who is willing to proof listen files recorded by the BC (Book Coordinator) of a group project where the BC proof listens to all files but his/her own. Another pair of ears is required for those files. I am not sure if there is a list you can put your name on for that, but I am frequently in need of one and cultivate them from other readers on my projects, usually newbies like yourself who are learning the process. It is a very valuable service and greatly improves LV's projects.