Hello fabulous Librivox Community

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Shalomony

Post by Shalomony »

Hi all,
I'm excited to begin helping the Librivox mission. I also believe that information can and should be available to more people, in more formats. I would like to help record on some projects, especially science and education related materials.
Anyways, I look forward to interacting and helping for some time to come.

Sincerely,

Shalomony SilverWind
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Shalomony, I can see your excitement in the big font you are using :mrgreen:

if you are interested in science, there are some projects around that are non-fiction and which may provide you with interesting reads.

The best though is start with a one-minute test to get your technical settings checked out before you launch in a lengthy reading. You can post your test here in a new thread: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will give you feedback and help if needed. Once the test is ok'ed, you are free to join any of the projects on offer :)

Have fun ! And if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Someone is always bound to come up with a solution.

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Shalomony. Welcome to Librivox. Given your interests, you might like listening to Why Do We Need A Public Library? https://librivox.org/why-do-we-need-a-public-library-by-various/ It's the early history of the library movement in America, whose mission was and still is to make information available to everybody regardless of income or social status, continuing education beyond high school for life. It was a great project to participate on, one which I found fascinating. There is a wealth of just such historical material for us to record, and it's pretty certain that Audible won't be offering them for commercial purposes.

So dive into your Welcome Letter and ask for help as needed.