Hello World!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
PhantomBelle

Post by PhantomBelle »

Hello!

I'm PhantomBelle, and am super pleased to have found LibriVox!

I've always had an interest in getting into voice work, and combined with my love for reading, this seems like a great way to do both!

I've managed to do my one minute test, and once that's been approved, I can't wait to start recording!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hello, Phoebe. Looks like your 1 minute test has been okayed, so now you'll be looking for some things to record. We usually recommend that newbies to recording/editing start with short sections, and refer to our Wiki's Video Tutorials (see menu bar above) on how to edit in Audacity. You can find things to read in our forums (also known as Board Index above) entitled "Readers Wanted". Short Works is a great place to start (look for a section marked Open in the MW (Magic Window), ask if you may claim it, and wait for your claim to be accepted before you start recording. And if you like poetry, there is always a Weekly and a Fortnightly Poem going on where several readers submit the same poem (don't have to claim, just submit before the deadline). It's easy and fun . . . . and a great way to learn the process of reviewing the First Post carefully, following the directions explicitly, naming and uploading your file to the proper folder, and posting the link to the forum.

Here's an example: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70834&p=1482253#p1482253

Every project works similarly, but with slightly differing directions from the BC (Book Coordinator) for each project -- all contained in the First Post.

Enjoy, and if you need help, ask.