Here to help ;)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Stormyme

Post by Stormyme »

Hello

My name is Susan. I am 53 and disabled with agoraphobia. I found LibriVox through a site named Project Gutenberg. My disability has me at home with free time and I am always trying to find ways to contribute and give back to society. Before my agoraphobia, I worked as a press operator and office manager of a family print shop for 20 years. I am a strong supporter in keeping books and history alive for everyone to know and learn. My favorite subjects are history, science, and human behavior.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Welcome!

I'm here myself due to ill health which meant reducing my work hours - but there is lots to do around here! You can read if you want to, or do some Proof Listening (PLing) or design covers for projects! Have a look around and I'm sure you will find something to suit you! :thumbs:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi Susan. Let us know whether you plan to record, proof-listen, or just organize projects, and we'll help you figure out how to do it. Best thing is to carefully follow your Welcome Letter, peruse our Librivox Wiki (menu bar above), and check out the Readers Wanted forums on the Board Index (sub-menu bar above). Poking around, you will learn quite a lot and when you are ready to record, just post your 1-minute test and someone will come along and help you get your tech specs right. Then it's off to the races!