Hey, everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
craftingcat

Post by craftingcat »

Hi! If you want, you can call me Emmy. I'm a laboratory technician in a small city in Illinois, and I wanted to do something a little different than analyses all day. I'd always wanted to get involved in voice work somehow, and narrating audiobooks seems like a perfect fit. I work a lot, so I probably won't take too much on too quickly, but I'd love to get a start!

I'd have been on here a little sooner, but my dog decided for the first time in two years that a power cord looked like a tasty treat. He's definitely got his own personality, and I love him and my two cats to death. They keep me company and help break up some of the stress from the day.

I'm looking forward to posting my one minute test and getting started! Nice to meet you all!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Emmy, welcome to LibriVox :)
I'd always wanted to get involved in voice work somehow, and narrating audiobooks seems like a perfect fit. I work a lot, so I probably won't take too much on too quickly, but I'd love to get a start!
well you have certainly come to the right place. As you already found out, the best way to start here is recording a one-minute-test, to check that your technical settings are all correct.

Once you've recorded the bit, upload it to the server and post it here: viewforum.php?f=21 by creating a new thread for your test. Someone will be around to check it and give you helpful advice.

Once this test is ok-ed there is nothing holding you back from recording a-plenty :mrgreen: And if you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. We're a friendly bunch here and someone always knows an answer to anything.
I'd have been on here a little sooner, but my dog decided for the first time in two years that a power cord looked like a tasty treat. He's definitely got his own personality, and I love him and my two cats to death. They keep me company and help break up some of the stress from the day.
I can so relate to that :9: I have a pet bunny myself and yes, I need to keep the microphone cable on higher altitudes or it would be a delicate snack for the little rascal :lol: Why is it that pets are inexorably attracted to cables :hmm:

Have fun on here !

Sonia
craftingcat

Post by craftingcat »

Kitty wrote: July 4th, 2018, 4:33 am
Once this test is ok-ed there is nothing holding you back from recording a-plenty :mrgreen: And if you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. We're a friendly bunch here and someone always knows an answer to anything.

I can so relate to that :9: I have a pet bunny myself and yes, I need to keep the microphone cable on higher altitudes or it would be a delicate snack for the little rascal :lol: Why is it that pets are inexorably attracted to cables :hmm:

Have fun on here !

Sonia
I do like seeing that people are so nice here. :) I was so hesitant to get started because I knew I wouldn't know the answers to everything and I'd get mixed up and make silly mistakes, but finding a place where people are helpful and willing to answer questions that might come up has jump started my motivation. And the wiki has already helped so much!

I've got a little recording booth (see: glorified blanket fort) in my room that the pets aren't allowed in. My mistake was leaving the laptop cord in the living room. :lol: I just don't know why he suddenly acquired the taste for it!

Bunnies are adorable. But I can definitely see where the little one could find trouble around some cords. X3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I do like seeing that people are so nice here. :) I was so hesitant to get started because I knew I wouldn't know the answers to everything and I'd get mixed up and make silly mistakes, but finding a place where people are helpful and willing to answer questions that might come up has jump started my motivation.
well we were all beginners once, so we totally understand what the problems might be. Hey, I haven't forgotten my initial fear and problems :mrgreen: But it gets easier with every recording.
Bunnies are adorable. But I can definitely see where the little one could find trouble around some cords. X3
yep, nothing is safe from them. And I cannot be angry with her, no matter what she does. :9:

Good luck for your one-minute test !

Sonia